Wednesday 13 January 2010

Snow and sea !..



Our snow is beginning to thaw and Saturday morning we were all in desperate need for a long walk. So we left the roaring fire and decided to go to the sea !. Unsurprisingly, at it was only minus 2 degrees, we were the only ones on the beach. We had a great walk, but it was very cold, even the rock pools were frozen !. I think I may even prefer the sea during the winter months.

On the way back home the clocks struck twelve.. so we found a very unassuming restaurant. It is a simple restaurant, but we are finding, in these difficult economic times that the simpler the restaurant the better the food. Mark and I both opted for the set menu. We helped ourselves to a cold buffet for a starter which included, prawns, pate, cold meats, couscous, potato salads, tuna salad and much much more… For my main course, I had roast pork stuffed with ham and apricots and Mark had skate. Then a huge tray of desserts arrived, the crème brulee mousse caught my eye.

‘Is it good ?’, I asked.

‘No one has died yet from eating it !, the owner joked.

It was delicious !.

This set menu was just 10 euros each and it included a quarter bottle of wine each !.

Iona and Joe were happy with their 6 euro children’s menu of ham and chips followed by ice cream.

Absolutely brilliant. We will definitely return.

If any of you are visiting this part of Brittany I would recommend this small restaurant (L`Escale aux Saveurs at Ambon) for a simple lunch that won’t break the bank !.

No comments: