Monday 16 February 2015

More taxes...

I am on a bit of rant about taxes… it is no secret that the French love a tax or two but in this mornings post I have received an estimated bill of what I can expect to pay next year to have my landfill rubbish (JUST landfill, this doesn’t include recycling waste removal) taken away.
Grrrrrrr......
I should not be surprised. A couple of years ago the communal bins were replaced with individual wheelie bins and last year, these were all chipped to contain details of which property they belonged to and who owned them.
But, I was not expecting to pay €400 year to have my landfill rubbish removed. €400, can you believe that!
Up until now rubbish collection has been included in the Taxes Foncières and our 2014 statement shows that €47.60 of our Taxes Foncières was for Rubbish disposal for both the landfill and recycling.
I’m not even going to calculate the percentage increase here!
Still spluttering!

No comments: