Saturday 5 January 2008

A health book....for a dog ?





















Tess, our dog has been to see the vet. The vetinary clinic is in a very smart modern building, not a place you feel comfortable taking a sick dog.. as I sit in the waiting room searching for some evidence of animal hair on the highly polished floor I caught myself wondering if I had a plastic bag, should Tess be sick.. and if she were, would she oblige and be sick in a bag…

I am being called to Consulting Room 3. The vet weighs Tess, looks at her teeth, all the usual things and then asks to see her Carnet de Sante (health book).

‘A health book for the dog’, I repeat incredulously.. ‘I have such books for my children but for the dog, No’.

‘Then, you must have one’ says the vet, and Tess now has her own Carnet de Sante !!..

No comments: