Wednesday 12 March 2008

Free Plastic Bags.

A big debate in the UK. Should shops stop giving away copious amounts of plastic bags ?

In France, the supermarkets have never given away free carrier bags which although can be incredibly frustrating when you have a trolley full of shopping and then discover that you have left all your shopping bags in the boot of the car !!, it is a lot better for the environment.

It took me several months to consistently remember to take my own bags into the supermarket and on many occasions I have left the bags in the car..so have had to put the ‘loose’ shopping back in the trolley after I have paid for it and then pack it all into bags when I got back to the car. I often see this double or even triple handling of groceries in supermarket car parks so I can’t be the only one who forgets the bags !!

No comments: