Wednesday 11 April 2012

French hairdressers

 
Today a first…. We have lived in France for over ten years and I still haven’t stepped inside a French hairdressers.

I have always waited until we returned to England to get my hair cut and as we only go back twice a year, after six months my hair does look a little disheveled!!..

BUT, still, I am a coward… it is actually Iona who is having her hair cut.

We arrive and Iona is whisked away to a rear salon and I am asked to wait by the door. Forty minutes pass. How long does it take to cut a fringe and a couple of centimeters of the back of her hair?
Two girls, aged about 14 emerge from the rear salon, one has her hair streaked blue, the other pink.
As I look around, EVERYONE is having their hair dyed.
AAAHHH…. Will Iona emerge with purple hair?

Thankfully, no… 

 

No comments: