Friday 8 February 2013

Customer Service + Technology = Confusion


Today, I can only smile…. in desperation.
There are many many things that the French do far better than the British but two things they can’t get quite right are customer service and technology and combine these two together.. disaster !!
For a couple of years now, L’Eclerc, a major supermarket in Brittany has offered internet shopping. This is how it works :-
1. Submit your order online.
2. Drive to the supermarket.
3. Queue up and wait for your shopping.
It is probably actually quicker to do your shopping yourself !!.
Internet Shopping Collection Point !!
Internet Shopping Collection Point !!
Ten days ago, I received a letter from our mutuelle (we pay a percentage of our income to them and they cover part of our health / pension etc etc… a bit like National Insurance contributions) asking if we would like check our payments, order E111 forms etc online. What a good idea!.. So I filled in our equivalent of the National Insurance Numbers, an email address and confirmed the email address. I pressed submit and expected an automated message advising me that a password and login details would be emailed to me.
No, No… these details would be POSTED to me !!!…Today, I received my login details from Paris !!

No comments: