Tuesday 5 February 2013

Prison is lurking


AAAHHHHH. NOT AT ALL HAPPY.
Today, I received a letter from the EDF. Our electricity meter in La Maison Creme has not been read for over a year and a technician would like come on Friday 8th February between 1.00pm and 6.00pm to read the electricity meter. If the meter is not read on the 8th February I will go to prison.
Friday morning would suit me better so I call the EDF and hold for 18 minutes.. then they can’t find my file on the computer and when eventually they do find it they tell me I am ‘in the wrong department’ !!…
Eventually, I speak to the right person who tells me if I want to change the time it will cost me €29. He then helpfully suggests that the regulations have changed recently and I will not be required to show my carte d’identité so a neighbour could wait instead !!

No comments: