Tuesday 24 December 2013

Christmas… the season of the ready meal..

All year round we are starved of processed food… then Christmas comes and every supermarket is offering a huge choice of ready meals.

But not ready meals as we know ready meals…. you can’t see them on the supermarket aisles. You have to order your ready meal two weeks in advance!!.. France hasn’t quite got ‘Fast Food’ !!..

All of the major supermarkets are giving away little booklets, ‘Menus de RĂ©veillons NoĂ«l et Nouvel An’. The meals are beautifully presented on exquisite plates. You choose your meal, usually four courses, and order it from the supermarket…






I quite fancy the coffret de St Jacques’ et crevettes followed by cocotte de sole et gambas, then the pavĂ© de veau avec ses marrons confits, les fromages et un entremet duo framboise…. but I’ve never been brave enough to place an order…

My parents are here for New Year… I wonder, if I were to order the menu de fĂŞte, could I pass it off as my handiwork?….No, I think they might guess !!

No comments: