Tuesday 10 December 2013

Internet Shopping - Not in Reminiac

The Marie was busy this morning… a queue… but I do do think Mayors do create some unnecessary administration. Controversial. Well, now I’ve said it.

Today, I was there to arrange for Joe to have the school Christmas lunch next Thursday. The mayors’ secretary found the folder. A page per week, with five columns (Childs name, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) she had hand written every childs name on each page and when a child eats at the canteen she puts a cross in the relevant column. In the corner of her office is a computer… just think of the time that could be saved if this was all on a spreadsheet…. at the very least she could photocopy her hand written sheet 40 times… But then, why is the Marie arranging school dinners, could this not be done at the school?…. Now, I very rarely even ask myself these questions.. it has always been done this way.

As I waited, the postman screeched to a halt outside the Marie.

La Poste, Brittany

La Poste... with 27 parcels !!

‘He is late’, I remarked to Lucienne, who was waiting behind me.

‘Yes, he has 27 parcels to deliver this morning.’

Now, just HOW did she know that…’Christmas must be a busy time for them.’ I say.

‘No, it is too early to send Christmas presents’, Lucienne replies,’It is odd, I don’t know why there are so many parcels.’

‘Internet shopping’. I mumble

‘Quoi?’

‘Perhaps people are buying their presents online.’ I explain.

‘No, that just is not possible Nicole, at Christmas everyone must go to the shops to choose their gifts, how can you choose an appropriate present online?’

I nodd, reflecting that ALL of my Christmas presents this year have been bought online…. and I am sure one or two of the 27 parcels delivered today will end up in my letter box.

No comments: