Thursday 3 April 2008

Parties - Jelly and Ice cream ?



Yesterday, the day of my daughters’ birthday party.

I had spent the last two days preparing for the ‘big event’ !!.. wrapping pass the parcels, devising treasure hunt clues ( and then translating them into French !!), drawing a particularly wonky donkey (without a tail) on a huge board etc etc

Then, there was the cake… she had chosen a space ship balancing on a launch pad.

The picture looked so easy.. when I had finished my ship looked as if it had lost a space battle !!.. leaning very precariously on its launch pad !!..

2.00pm and 10 seven year olds descended. The mothers all arrived, came in, and looked expectantly. My friend, and mother of two of the children, whispered, ‘They are waiting for a coffee and a cake’… Panic must have spread all over my face.. I hadn’t prepared anything for them.. I thought of the bright blue battle damage space ship..and quickly dismissed the thought as even a possibility. My friend seeing my terror, said, shall we have the party and perhaps have coffee later ?

The seven mothers left and the party commenced. Four hours later, the seven mothers returned. Thankfully the ‘launch pad’ part of the cake was still intact so ‘voila’, my cake.. but the liquorice allsorts ‘supports’ did raise a few eyebrows !!..

No comments: