Sunday 23 February 2014

Good things come to those that wait

Last month I contacted France Telecom to arrange for an engineer to visit La Maison Violet in order that this gite would have access to the internet, wifi.
‘No problem, Mardi 18 FĂ©vrier entre 13h00 et 17h00′ I was told.
So last Tuesday I waited all afternoon at La Maison Violet for France Telecom, 5.00pm and they still hadn’t arrived. Strangely, I wasn’t annoyed. I almost expected them not to turn up. Ten years ago, if I had wasted a whole afternoon waiting and waiting I would have been hopping mad!!…  I’m not sure if this means that I am getting more patient as I age (no, I don’t think so!!) or if I am resigned to the fact that the French work in their own way and sometimes they will turn up on the agreed time and sometimes they won’t and that is just the way it is.
Wednesday morning I called Orange (on a premium rate number…. they know all about Customer Services!!) and ‘held’ for 26 minutes paying the premium rate for the privilege .
I was then told that someone would call me to rearrange the rendezvous… no apology…
Thursday. Still no call from Orange.
France Telecom arrive at La Maison Violet
The very welcome France Telecom van
Friday, 7.30am, a bang on the door, France Telecom!!  By 9.00am La Maison Violet was connected to the internet.

No comments: